Open Positions 1
Experience 2 Years
Location: Tralee, Ireland
JRI-America Ireland Technology Development Center requires a Storage Administrator to assist in the management of NetApp & EMC storage arrays in remote datacenters.
You will be part of a global team based in London, Tralee and North America supporting storage provisioning, changes, projects and troubleshooting.
The role requires some off-shift evening and weekend work and participation in an on-call rotation, either from the work site or alternate location.
Comprehensive internal and vendor training provided.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working with other system administrators covering the entire storage I/O stack across platforms, applications and levels of virtualization.
- Storage provisioning and related troubleshooting
- Capacity Planning and Performance Analysis
- Process Automation
- Infrastructure project work for installations and upgrades
- Data protection, risk mitigation and automation
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- An understanding of SAN switch zoning
- Automation of tasks via bash, Perl, powershell or other scripting language.
- Understanding of factors affecting I/O performance in a replicated environment
- Ability to determine and manage risk
- Ability to overcome technical challenges on your own or with vendor assistance
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Proactive and capable of owning an issue to completion
- Ability to manage your own time with minimal oversight
- Storage array management experience, preferably from VMAX, VPLEX, VNX, Unity, Isilon, or NetApp.
- Familiarity with any CLI command sets associated with storage array management.
- NetApp Management Tools: Active IQ, Unified Manager
- Infrastructure Performance & Monitoring tools – ViPR SRM, Virtana Virtual Wisdom, Arxview
- System administration using Linux(Red Hat), ESX/VSphere & Windows
- Provisioning of storage to hardware platforms such as IBM Power series, Cisco UCS, Vblock and IBM Bladecenters.
- Data Domain, TSM, Netbackup or IBM Storwize experience a plus
- Tivoli or other monitoring software