Open Positions 1
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Provide world class manufacturing engineering technical support to the manufacturing areas that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Identify and implement improvements with manufacturing teams that reduce product cost, improve quality and maximize customer satisfaction.
- Ensure the maximum safety, quality, capability and utilization of manufacturing/processing equipment and processes.
- Continuously research and implement “Best Practice” manufacturing/processing methods and processes.
- Facilitate new product introductions and current product modifications.
- Review and quote processing and production equipment and tools.
- Ensure that effective documentation and control systems are developed, utilized and maintained.
- Determine, justify, and coordinate the purchase and implementation of new equipment and processes jointly with manufacturing teams; track tooling and AR expenditures.
- Assist in the design and build of manufacturing/assembly/processing equipment and processes.
- Resolve issues through robust problem-solving processes, such as 8D’s and 5 Why’s
- Coordinate or perform as needed, machining, process diagnostics, maintenance, repairs, calibrations and operating procedures.
- Coordinate and perform special studies, DOE’s and analysis.
- Review and make disposition on non-conforming materials. Represent BorgWarner on related issues.
- Prepare and make presentations to customers, employees and all levels of the management team.
- Coordinate and manage outside contract projects.
- Coordinate and manage specialized processes such as heat treating, welding, soldering, etc.
- Utilize a teamwork approach to achieve goals with particular emphasis on Production Teams and AQP Steering Committee activities.
- Provide technical leadership, training and support to manufacturing teams as well as to peers.
- Perform other activities as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical field from a four-year college or university
- Understanding of the Manufacturing Process
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) for both internal and external customers
- Project Management Experience