Open Positions 1
Experience 2 Years
Position: Second/Third Level Support Engineer
We are currently looking for enthusiastic and talented individuals to join our Windows Server Support team. This is a fantastic opportunity to expand your knowledge and work with cutting edge technology on a daily basis. As part of our Support team in Tralee you would be responsible for the support and maintenance of the Server and related infrastructure Environment throughout the EMEA and Americas regions. Candidates will be required to participate in a shift rota.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs
- Provide Level II/III support on various issues.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
Technical Skills Required
- Microsoft: Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Windows 7/10 Administration
- Networking: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- VMWARE: ESXi, vCenter, Update Manager, vMotion
Technical Skills Desirable
- Scripting Languages: PowerShell etc.
- Citrix: XenApp/XenDesktop, PVS, AppSense
- Symantec NetBackup/TSM
- CISCO: UCS Blade Chassis and FI
- Storage: SAN technologies, Fibre-channel, iSCSI, WWN
- Microsoft SCCM 2012
- Microsoft SCOM 2012
- Office 365
- Good understanding of Windows infrastructures (including 2008,2012,2016)
- Experience of managing virtualised infrastructure
- Customer focused, flexible and willing to take ownership of issues
Good interpersonal skills with excellent written and verbal communication
Working at JRI America
We want you to succeed and grow – it’s in our best interests to make sure you are the most talented and effective engineers in the industry. Without an excellent team it’s not possible to deliver world class service. We also place a strong focus on job and workplace satisfaction.
We strive to make our jobs engaging and enjoyable by maintaining a positive, open and friendly attitude
You will have an opportunity to work on the latest technology in the industry
Have a direct and tangible impact on the daily operation of our business
A highly complex environment where you will be challenged every day
We will give you all the support and training you need to be successful
We blend on-the-job training with vendor delivered material to ensure you have the resources to build your technical skills
Industry beating remuneration and employee benefits
You will travel to New York and New Jersey once or twice a year (sometimes more as needed)
About JRI America
JRI-America (JRI-A) provides IT services for Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation (SMBC) and related entities from our offices in the Kerry Technology Park, Tralee, as part of a global IT team with centres also in New York and London. SMBC is Japan’s second-largest bank and a Fortune Global 200 company and offers a broad range of financial services both within Japan and internationally. JRI-A provides the IT services for the bank and wider group supporting operations across the Western Hemisphere (including the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Africa), while its parent (JRI) provides the same in Japan and across Asia. All are then ultimately a part of Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group (SMFG).
The entirety of IT services required by any multi-national financial services firm are provided by JRI-A, including but not limited to: Enterprise Systems, Information Security, Networks, Software Development, Quality Assurance, Enterprise Storage, Production Support, Application Support, Operations and Customer Service and Helpdesk services.
Since the Tralee office was established back in 2011 it has grown rapidly, attracting both talented experienced staff as well as taking graduates and training them to develop high quality professionals. We look to continue to expand and strengthen our capability and to develop the next generation of IT developers, engineers, architects, analysts and administrators across the wide range of IT disciplines. Our location provides our staff a unique blend of combining the challenge and excitement of true enterprise IT while maximizing work life balance given our unique location.