Open Positions 1
Experience Less Than 1 Year
BioAtlantis Ltd. is a biotechnology company, specialising in the development and production of bioactives for the plant, animal and human health markets. The company is recruiting a talented chemist who will work on the extraction, purification and analysis of complex, natural-based products, spanning R&D and QC departments. The position is located in Tralee, Co. Kerry, Ireland.
- Develop extraction and purification procedures for natural products at lab scale.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis on raw materials using laboratory analytical techniques and experimentation.
- Make stable and efficient formulations to meet desired specifications and cost objectives in plant bioscience and animal feed area.
- Conduct stability testing and record results.
- Conduct literature searches, review publications and prepare reports.
- Manage daily laboratory operations and schedules.
- Monitor equipment operations, calibrations and maintain cleanliness in the laboratory.
- Follow industry standards on scientific significance, accuracy, safety and record keeping.
Qualifications & experience
- Desire and skill in natural products extraction, purification & isolation of active compounds.
- BSc. or preferably MSc. in chemistry or related discipline.
- In-depth knowledge of wet chemistry techniques and instrumentational analysis/interpretation is required.
- Prior industry experience is preferable.
- Aptitude for practical chemistry.
- Precision and accuracy when undertaking analysis.
- Disciplined, organised and focused, with excellent problem solving skills.
Salary is negotiable. The position is located in Tralee, Co. Kerry, Ireland. Please send a concise cover letter and clear CV to [email protected] by the 30th April, 2020.