Senior Instructional Designer
Education Level : A Master's or Bachelor's degree
Senior Instructional Designer is a key role within PulseLearning. This role is responsible for analysing, designing, developing and evaluating learning solutions that provide our Clients with the knowledge and skills required to achieve results. The ideal candidate has extensive experience designing creative learning solutions in different solution delivery formats across a broad spectrum of industries. They also have excellent communication skills and significant Client-facing experience.
• Support the sales team.
• Think on your feet during sales calls or meetings to quickly understand and respond to Client needs by suggesting and discussing a number of relevant, creative and innovative solutions.
• Confidently and effectively communicate and “market” your proposed solutions in a Sales Proposal document. Where necessary, support your recommendations with instructional design and adult learning principles and best practices.
• If required, showcase your ability to meet Client needs by designing a creative and highly innovative solution demo or mock-up (collaborating with multimedia specialists on development).
• Research, design and develop relevant, engaging, effective and highly creative learning solutions.
• Design and develop innovative learning solutions that incorporate instructional design best practices and push the boundaries of available technologies to deliver the best possible solution in line with Client needs and budgets.
• Design and develop learning solutions for a broad spectrum of industries and sectors, including those subject to regulatory compliance.
• Design and develop learning solutions for varying delivery requirements—eLearning, blended learning, game-based learning, instructor-led training, performance support tools, and so on.
• Collaborate with subject matter experts in the scripting of course content.
• Leverage the capabilities of Articulate Storyline.
• Support the development team.
• Oversee the design integrity of our learning solutions, reviewing them to ensure that instructional design principles and best practices are applied.
• Support, guide and mentor less senior members of the instructional design team.
Required Experience and Skills
• Exceptional presentation and facilitation skills
• Change management experience
• A Master’s or Bachelor’s degree and equivalent experience in instructional design, instructional technology, technical writing, business education, or a related field
• Minimum of five years’ experience as a Senior or Lead Instructional Designer, implementing learning and development initiatives
• Willingness to work at the Client’s site or from a home office
• Project management and work effort evaluation (optional)
To apply: Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the Job Title and Reference Number (SID-IRE-17) in the subject line of your email.
• At PulseLearning, we pride ourselves on being learning experts with a deep understanding of the Learning & Development Industry. PulseLearning focuses on designing customized learning solutions for our Clients that make measurable, positive business impact.