Open Positions 1
Experience Less Than 1 Year
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Fexco Merchant Services are currently recruiting for a Production Support Engineer to join their team based in Killorglin, Co. Kerry on a permanent basis.
As a key part of the Production Support team, the Production Support engineers ensure provision of world-class support services to our merchant base, PSP’s, acquirers and colleagues by managing support tickets efficiently and keeping the customer updated throughout the process. This role primarily involves the support of Fexco’s global Back Office infrastructure, as well as supporting critical processes such as incoming transaction files, outgoing bank files and exchange rates distribution to various platforms. This is achieved through effective monitoring and incident troubleshooting.
- Provide solutions and document standard procedures.
- Plans & executes multiple assignments independently.
- Support our transactional processing and switch processing production environments.
- Respond to Incident tickets created by internal and external customers; ensuring clear, concise & full solutions are provided on each ticket and the tickets are processed within the agreed SLA’s.
- Work on own initiative to ensure tickets are prioritised based on the severity of the incident.
- Support the Back office infrastructure on Linux operating systems, ensuring that customer and partner files are uploaded and processed successfully.
- Complete production updates based on customer requirements and post change release maintenance.
- Participate in effective problem and change management to improve the production environment.
- Maintain good relationships with PFX customers and partner organisations.
- Support all products and services offered to our internal and external customers.
- Work with multidisciplinary teams using scrum methodology.
- Min 5 years experience in a Technical operations support function or IT Support Role including DBA and/or SysAdmin.
- Advanced SQL knowledge including creating database updates.
- Introductory knowledge of Linux / Unix.
- Knowledge of all or some of the following is a distinct advantage:
- Java/C++/Scripting ( Python, Perl)
- Oracle/ PostgresSQL
- Experience with service Monitoring Tools and processes.
- Experience working in a Production environment across global time zones.
- Experience working in a 24/7 environment a distinct advantage.
- Customer driven individual with desire to exceed expectations.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
- The candidate must work well both independently as well as contributing towards a team environment.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills to help diagnose and eliminate problems.
- Ability to meet deadlines and adapt to a changing environment
Fexco is proud to support and promote a diverse and inclusive workplace