Open Positions 1
Experience Less Than 1 Year
BioAtlantis Ltd. is an Irish biotechnology company that specialize in the development and production of bioactives for the plant, animal and human health markets. The company has a position available for a scientist specializing in Plant Biology. The position will be based in Tralee, Co. Kerry.
Duties & responsibilities
- Establish robust experiments in the area of stress mitigation in plants.
- Evaluate the effects of formulations in commercially important crops.
- Perform growth room, polyhouse and field level trials.
- Screen formulations for biostimulant effects, plant growth, harvesting and other relevant parameters.
- Take full responsibility and manually handle crop trials both at field and growth room settings on a daily basis.
- Work closely with staff scientists to maintain reliable lab processes and adhere to best scientific practice when conducting trials.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of experimental works.
- Perform statistical analysis and produce detailed trial reports, outlining trial results and conclusions.
- BSc. in Agricultural or Plant science.
- Knowledge of physiology and agronomy. Background in plant pathology is desirable.
- Skill & aptitude for conducting crop growth trials.
- Experienced in experimental design, trial management, statistics and scientific report writing.
Salary is negotiable. To apply, please send a concise cover letter and clear CV to [email protected], by the deadline of the 30th April, 2020.