Open Positions 1
Experience 3 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Planning (NPI – New Product Introduction) Engineer
Qualifications: Degree in Production, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial or Electronic Engineering (Level 8 on NFQ). Formal Project Management qualification would be an advantage.
Experience: Minimum 3 – 4 years experience in high volume Electronic, Mechatronic / Manufacturing with preference in the role of Manufacturing, Process, NPI (New Product Introduction) Engineering. Experience in Project Management is essential.
Skills: Knowledge of Electronic, Mechanical and Mechatronic Assembly Process is essential. Knowledge of jigs and fixture design, injection moulding. Knowledge of production capacity & line balance & layout planning. German would be an advantage.
Personality Requirements: The ability to work on own initiative with the added ability to lead and work as part of a team. Willingness to travel abroad on occasion and interface with other Kostal global teams. Very good attendance record.
Main responsibilities and duties of the job but not limited to.
- Design for manufacturability on New Products, which involves close co-operation with all Design groups.
- Project Management of New Products being introduced to KOSTAL.
- Drive and lead an NPI team, consisting of members from each function within the organisation.
- Ensure on-time and within budget delivery of all jigs/fixtures required for production of a new product. Generate investment plans for new projects and monitor plan V actual on investment planning control.
- To provide core link between the NPI team and the design engineering group.
- The identification, evaluation and specification of new equipment within the manufacturing process.
- Project management of new equipment requirements, procurement and production line installation / reconfiguration.
- Design, release and procurement of product packaging solutions.
- Control of product technical change process for pre-series and series production products.
- Engineering process support to production, post New Product Introduction.
- Global support for CCE (Centre of Excellence) in relation to Capacity / Lime Balancing Planning / Layout Planning.
- Global Project Management support for NPI activities.
- Project management of rationalisation automation projects.
- Support request for Quotation (RFQ) engineering activities – product design, process design and flow, capital costs and product specific cost generation.
- Health and Safety of self and others.
- Any other duties as assigned by your Supervisor / Manager.