Open Positions 1
Experience Less Than 1 Year
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
We require motivated and enthusiastic people with Oracle Database Administration experience to be part of an energetic team of engineers and administrators who are responsible for the Oracle Databases ensuring the highest standards of availability, resilience, integrity, security and performance.
You will work as part of a global team to support/enhance database processes, automation and engineering efforts.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
- Day to day database administration of Oracle 11g/12c databases on AIX/Linux platforms (including RAC/ ASM).
- Pro-actively managing Database resources ensuring their availability at all times.
- Troubleshooting critical database issues and database monitoring.
- Provide expertise during critical issue response.
- Support Application teams with their projects and Database related queries/issues.
- User/schema creation, privileges assignment, RMAN backups/restores and exports/imports.
- Performance tuning, Database sizing/space management, load balancing and configuration management.
- Maintaining the Database infrastructure and capacity planning.
- Database upgrades and PSU patching.
- Develop and implement database automation solutions (via SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX scripting, automation tools).
- Involvement in critical engineering and multi-team projects.
- Produce and maintain internal knowledgebase articles.
- Other job-related duties requiring the same general knowledge, skills and degree of responsibility as above.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- A Qualification in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field.
- Experience in a similar position (1+ years).
- Solid understanding of Oracle Databases and their architecture.
- Hands on 11g/12c Oracle database implementation/admin experience in a multi-platform environment.
- Demonstrated SQL skills.
- Experience with RAC (Real Application clusters) and ASM (Automatic Storage Management) an advantage.
- PL/SQL knowledge/skills are an advantage.
- Knowledge of Linux/UNIX architecture, OS commands and tools are an advantage.
- Other advantages: experience with database upgrading/patching, OEM, RMAN and UNIX scripting skills.
- Common sense attitude.
- Good communicator (we work globally so strong written and verbal skills are an absolute requirement).
- Highly self-motivated and ability to work on own initiative as well as under direction.
- Keen attention to detail and proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Good interpersonal skills including empathy with users, active listening, patience and understanding.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Willingness to work part of the week during US business hours.
- Willingness to provide on-call support during off-business hours including weekends on a rotating basis.
- Weekend and late night work may be required on occasion.
About JRI America
JRI-America (JRI-A) provides IT services for Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation (SMBC) and related entities from our offices in the Kerry Technology Park, Tralee, as part of a global IT team with IT centres also in New York and London. SMBC is Japan’s second-largest bank and a Fortune Global 200 company and offers a broad range of financial services both within Japan and internationally. JRI-A provides the IT services for the bank and wider group across the Western Hemisphere (including the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Africa), while its parent (JRI) provides the same in Japan and across Asia. All are then ultimately a part of Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group (SMFG).