Open Positions 1
Experience 2 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Reamda Ltd. are hiring a Mechanical Engineer to work with the design team for the design and development of new robotic platforms and accessories.
As one of our engineers, you will create dependable, rugged mobile robot products in our evolving R&D product catalog. You will exercise your creativity and determination every day as you develop prototypes, place them through rigorous testing and release them for manufacturing when they meet or exceed our specifications for product quality, usability and safety.
The Mechanical Engineers work alongside the software and electronic engineering specialists allowing all integrated disciplines to develop practical research solutions together.
- Design products using CAD, and consult with engineering and manufacturing teammates to ensure that designs are feasible
- Develop and build prototypes and run tests to measure their level of function
- Consult with fabrication teams during product manufacturing, advising them on design specifications and providing physical assistance when required
- Report to the Senior Project Engineering Manager on project progress, risks and issues•
- Liaise with the suppliers to ensure design build to specific requirements
- Work with in-house manufacturing and technical staff for custom in house build parts
- Ability to develop and review mechanical design with project team
- Prepare concept designs and solutions
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a similar design role is essential
- Third Level Qualification Bachelor of Engineering desirable
- Autodesk Inventor Experience
CAM experience in design optimization for CNC machining desirable
- Excellent IT skills required
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well in a team
(A graduate program is currently being implemented at Reamda, so if you are a recent college graduate please also apply)
About Reamda Ltd:
Reamda Ltd, a military electronics and mobile robotics specialist, was formed in 2001. The company specializes in robotics, embedded control solutions, wireless telephony, video communication systems and remote sensor data acquisition. Reamda provides solutions in the fields of robotic and weaponry simulation, as well as naval weapon tracking systems simulations. Reamda has designed, developed and manufactured a number of mobile robotic platforms with live weapon capabilities. Based in County Kerry in Ireland, the company has been developing military and engineering products for both national and international markets since its formation. While Reamda design and build many of their own products, they offer the opportunity for customers to develop ideas which Reamda will then deliver from concept to commercialization. For more details visit: www.reamda.com