Open Positions 1
Experience Less Than 1 Year
We are seeking motivated and enthusiastic people with Linux, shell scripting and/or python experience to join our growing team in Tralee. If successful you will be part of an energetic team of engineers and administrators who are responsible for the servers and support tools which form a key part of our infrastructure.
You will work as part of a global team to ensure system availability and stability. Other key areas are automation, performance tuning and systems engineering.
- Common sense attitude
- Good communicator (we work globally so strong written and verbal skills are key)
- Some experience in a similar position is useful though not essential
- Understanding of Linux
- Proven automation skills
- Team orientated and happy to reach out for assistance or assist others
- Understanding of Linux (Red Hat Linux / CentOS / Fedora desired)
- Experience Python and shell scripting
- Experience with Ansible Tower & Git an advantage
- Documentation experience on any platform
- Red Hat Satellite
What describes a successful candidate?
- Smart, driven and fast learner
- Logical thinker who enjoys problem solving
- Organised and methodical approach under pressure
- Good communicator
- A valid passport and ability to travel to the USA
Working at JRI America
We want you to succeed and grow – it’s in our best interests to make sure you are the most talented and effective engineers in the industry. Without an excellent team it’s not possible to deliver world class service. We also place a strong focus on job and workplace satisfaction.
- We strive to make our jobs engaging and enjoyable by maintaining a positive, open and friendly attitude
- You will have an opportunity to work on the latest technology in the industry
- Have a direct and tangible impact on the daily operation of our business
- A highly complex environment where you will be challenged every day
- We will give you all the support and training you need to be successful
- We blend on-the-job training with vendor delivered material to ensure you have the resources to build your technical skills
- Industry beating remuneration and employee benefits
- You will travel to New York and New Jersey once or twice a year (sometimes more as needed)
About JRI America
JRI-America (JRI-A) provides IT services for Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation (SMBC) and related entities from our offices in the Kerry Technology Park, Tralee, as part of a global IT team with centres also in New York and London. SMBC is Japan’s second-largest bank and a Fortune Global 200 company and offers a broad range of financial services both within Japan and internationally. JRI-A provides the IT services for the bank and wider group supporting operations across the Western Hemisphere (including the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Africa), while its parent (JRI) provides the same in Japan and across Asia. All are then ultimately a part of Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group (SMFG).
The entirety of IT services required by any multi-national financial services firm are provided by JRI-A, including but not limited to: Enterprise Systems, Information Security, Networks, Software Development, Quality Assurance, Enterprise Storage, Production Support, Application Support, Operations and Customer Service and Helpdesk services.
Since the Tralee office was established back in 2011 it has grown rapidly, attracting both talented experienced staff as well as taking graduates and training them to develop high quality professionals. We look to continue to expand and strengthen our capability and to develop the next generation of IT developers, engineers, architects, analysts and administrators across the wide range of IT disciplines. Our location provides our staff a unique blend of combining the challenge and excitement of true enterprise IT while maximizing work life balance given our unique location