The successful candidate will produce design layouts and detail design in a timely manner using computer software. Prepare Crane design components bill of material and specifications. Attend Client and Site Meetings as necessary. Promote the level of technical excellence relating to Mechanical/Structural engineering within the team. Prepare and issue reports, inclusive of Budget Costing and Feasibility. Be confident to provide ideas and solutions.
Key Elements of the Role:
- Establishment and layout of design solutions for Liebherr Container Cranes products and their components
- Preparation of detailed production drawings and their associated material lists
- Liaise with personnel within and outside the design department in ensuring that designs produced are current, incorporate all updated solutions and conform to the standards required
- Liaise with various sub suppliers/ sub-contractors to ensure component fabrication and components quality is in accordance with the expectations and requirements of Liebherr
- Visit site from time to time as requested by management to improve the knowledge and understanding of Liebherr Container Crane products and manage and supervise the installation and commissioning of products and services provided by Liebherr
- Maintenance of the design database, ensuring that all design drawings and concepts are centrally stored
- Preparation of manuals for Liebherr Container products
- Training of new and existing employees within the design department
- Participate in handover to client and customer training
About Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd.
Liebherr have been manufacturing cranes in their Killarney facility since 1958 and today Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd designs, manufactures and installs a complete range of rail-mounted ship-to-shore cranes, container stacking cranes, rubber tyre gantry cranes and straddle carriers. Liebherr started manufacturing gantry container cranes and ship to shore cranes in 1967, and in 1972 Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd. was formed and is now responsible within the Liebherr group for the worldwide marketing, design, manufacture, delivery, erection and servicing of rail mounted quayside container cranes and container stacking cranes.