The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for the timely completion and quality of design work on project based products. Promote the level of technical excellence relating to Electrical Engineering within the team. Be confident to provide ideas and solutions.
Key Elements of the Role:
- Preparation of Drawings, Piece lists and other documentation required for the production process
- Liaise with design, production, service and Installation departments
- Specification of components and procurement in conjunction with purchase department
- Development of new designs and concepts relevant to LCC products
- Preparation of Technical manuals
- Control, Development and modification of Software for the various LCC products
- Supervision of crane installation work and personnel on site
- Commissioning of cranes in-house and after installation on site
- Testing and completion of handover formalities on project completion
- Preparation and delivery of technical reports on project/job completion
- Update of drawings/software and wiring diagrams
- Training of personnel both on-site and in-house
- Provision of world-wide service support for all LCC products
- Provision of on-site support as may be required for both planned and emergency repairs
- Completion of outstanding works after crane handover
- Liaison with customers in respect of design and service matters
- In-house product testing
- Checking of drawings and preparation of documentation for production and site
- Regular travel overseas will be required
About Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd.
Liebherr have been manufacturing cranes in their Killarney facility since 1958 and today Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd designs, manufactures and installs a complete range of rail-mounted ship-to-shore cranes, container stacking cranes, rubber tyre gantry cranes and straddle carriers. Liebherr started manufacturing gantry container cranes and ship to shore cranes in 1967, and in 1972 Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd. was formed and is now responsible within the Liebherr group for the worldwide marketing, design, manufacture, delivery, erection and servicing of rail mounted quayside container cranes and container stacking cranes.