The Role :
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and implementation of full automation of the existing Liebherr Container Crane family. This will involve integration of the crane control systems with third-party equipment, instrumentation and terminal operating systems used by the customer at the port.
Key Elements of the Role:
- Preparation and execution of on-site tests at selected customer ports.
- Responsibility for the design of crane IT fibre and copper network infrastructure.
- Programming of Safety and Non-safety PLC systems using Codesys.
- Design and testing of various PLC bus systems (Profinet, CANbus, Modbus, Interbus).
- Support and development of crane SCADA systems.
- Risk analysis and safety compliance related to the ABB AC500 Safety PLC automated solution (understanding of Performance Levels [PLr / SIL]).
- Selection and testing of suitable sub-systems and new technologies (Intelligent vision systems, 2 & 3D Laser scanner systems, Anti-sway advanced control systems).
- Analyse, understand, fault find and modify automation software.
- Prioritise multiple tasks while working to tight schedules.
- Participate among cross functional teams to ensure projects are delivered on time.
- Work as necessary in the heavy machinery environment at container terminals and assist with crane commissioning.
- Willingness to travel internationally as required.
About Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd.
Liebherr have been manufacturing cranes in their Killarney facility since 1958 and today Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd designs, manufactures and installs a complete range of rail-mounted ship-to-shore cranes, container stacking cranes, rubber tyre gantry cranes and straddle carriers. Liebherr started manufacturing gantry container cranes and ship to shore cranes in 1967, and in 1972 Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd. was formed and is now responsible within the Liebherr group for the worldwide marketing, design, manufacture, delivery, erection and servicing of rail mounted quayside container cranes and container stacking cranes.