Application Production Support Engineer (Cash Management)
Education Level : 3rd level and above
JRI-America (JRI-A) provides IT services for Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group (“SMFG”) and its entities from our offices in the Kerry Technology Park, Tralee, as part of a global IT team with centres also in New York and London.
We support Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation (SMBC); SMBC is Japan’s second-largest bank and a Fortune Global 200 company, which offers a broad range of financial services both within Japan and internationally. JRI-A provides the IT services for the bank and wider group supporting operations across the Western Hemisphere (including the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Africa), while it’s parent (JRI) provides the same in Japan and across Asia.
Since the Tralee office was established in 2011 we have grown rapidly, attracting both talented experienced staff as well as taking graduates and training them to develop into high quality professionals. The entirety of IT services required by a multi-national financial services firm are provided by JRI-A.
We look to continue to expand and strengthen our capability and to develop our next generation of IT developers, engineers, architects, analysts and administrators across the wide range of IT domains. Our location provides our staff a unique blend, combining the challenge and excitement of true enterprise IT while maximising work life balance given our unique location.
We are seeking talented, energetic and committed people to join our team to help us meet our ambitious objectives.
A need has arisen for a new team member to join our Application Production Support team. The candidate will join a team who support a suite of applications running on Linux and UNIX operation systems. One of the applications is a Cash Management System (CMS) developed in-house and is a tier-1 application that requires 24 x 7 support. Although this is the primary application which you will support, you will be also required to support other applications as and when needed.
What we require of you
- Provide front-line support for the Cash Management application (as part of a team based in EMEA and US)
- Provide front-line support for other Linux and Unix applications.
- Maintain a knowledge base of known issues (and associated solutions).
- Consider options for automation in the case of repetitive issues.
- Support the Development and QA teams in any way necessary (application restarts, troubleshooting issues in the Development/Test environments, etc).
- On-call and out of hours support on rotation when needed.
- A valid passport and ability to travel to the USA
We look for
- Smart, driven and fast learners.
- Logical thinker who enjoys problem solving.
- Organised and methodical approach under pressure.
- Proactive – provide solutions to problems before they surface.
- Diligent and a strong eye for detail.
- Excellent communication skills (we work as a global team, so strong written and verbal skills are an absolute requirement).
- Have experience in a similar position OR have recently graduated from college with a degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Understanding of Linux and/or UNIX operating systems desirable.
- Understanding of Java desirable.
- Understanding of SQL desirable.
- Understanding of Application Servers desirable.
- Troubleshooting skills and analytical mind set.
- Team orientated and happy to reach out for assistance or assist others.
Candidates wishing to pursue this position should apply to email@example.com attaching a copy of your CV and cover letter.
It should be noted that in support of GDPR regulations JRI America will not retain CV’s or personal data that you have provided in support of your application for longer than 12 months.
This will also include any notes taken during the course of any interviews you attend.
As a part of our recruitment process any candidate, who is offered a position with JRI America Inc., will in order to begin employment, required to provide the following information:
• Name, address & contact details including email address & telephone number
• Details of qualifications, skills, experience & employment history
• Whether or not you have a disability for which we need to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process
• Information about your entitlement to work in the EU
• Information about you from third parties – such as references supplied by former employers
It should be noted that given the nature of our business personal data provided may be reviewed & stored outside of the EU. Where such transfer of personal data outside of the EU occurs, it will only be done on an appropriate legal basis. JRI America has a legitimate interest in processing personal data during the recruitment process, which allows us to manage our recruitment process, assess and confirm an applicant’s suitability prior to making an offer of employment. Should a candidate be unsuccessful, we will delete their data after a period of 12 months.
About JRI America Inc
JRI America, Inc., is a subsidiary of the Japanese IT financial services company, Japan Research Institute Ltd (“JRI”), which is the specialist IT subsidiary of Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group (“SMFG”). The Tralee operation supports the group’s Western Hemisphere IT operations including the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA). We are currently growing the team in Tralee – we are looking for ambitious, bright and committed people to join our team in Kerry so please contact us if you’d like to discuss potential opportunities on +353 66 717 8800.