Open Positions 3
Experience Less Than 1 Year
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
As a member of the Software Development Team, you will be joining a team that develops and maintains a suite of applications running on various platforms, utilizing different technology stacks.
You will be working with teams across multiple sites, and therefore must be comfortable working in such an environment. We focus on the hiring of graduate-level candidates and provide training in the appropriate tools/technologies/methodologies, building on your education skills, to enable you to be successful.
You will be involved in all aspects of Software Development, including the following:
- Analysis of requirements (including clarification of the same)
- Development and testing of a robust and scalable solution
- Code Reviews
- Supporting your changes through the various environments into Production
- B.Sc or M.Sc degree in Computer Science or a related discipline (minimum expected 2.1)
- Familiarity with Java or other object-oriented languages.
- Understanding of basic SQL commands.
- Basic knowledge of Unix and Windows operating environments.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies and principles.
- Appreciation of the concept of ‘Test-Driven Development’.
- Basic knowledge of source control and an understanding of continuous integration tools.
- Familiarity with front-end/modern web frameworks.
- Familiarity with deployment tools and approaches.
- Smart and enthusiastic.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proactive. Identify (and solve) issues before they arise.
- Logical and methodical approach to solving complex problems.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to take the initiative and provide suggestions/ideas for future improvements.
- Passionate about technology.
- Maintain a professional approach at all times.
Please note that occasional travel to the USA is required for this role.