Open Positions 1
Experience Less Than 1 Year
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
The Business Analyst function is a collaborative role that involves working with many different teams. Primarily, you are providing support to the Development and Quality Assurance groups as they work through feature enhancement delivery.
In addition, you are the managing the work backlogs for the various product lines and working with Product Owners on requirements definition and clarification, thus ensuring that backlog items are appropriately prioritized and fully defined prior to handover to the Development and Quality Assurance groups.
You will also be involved in budget and resource planning (and monitoring of the same) for the teams you work alongside.
The main responsibilities are as follows:
- Co-ordination of multiple teams to ensure overall delivery of software enhancements and features.
- Participating in breakdown sessions to break requirements down into manageable work items.
- Participating in estimation of work items and iteration planning sessions.
- Management of the overall backlog of work items.
- Analysis of requirements to ensure work items are ‘development ready’.
- Working with business lines to ensure that backlog items are appropriately prioritized.
- Working with business lines to refine requirements and transform them into product enhancements.
- Managing change through the Software Development life cycle.
- Representing the team at Change Meetings to report on progress and provide updates.
- Supporting the Quality Assurance team and Product Owners as your enhancements work their way through the various test environments.
- Coordinating installation events.
- Creation of resource plans and budget requests.
- B.Sc or M.Sc degree in Computer Science or a related discipline (minimum expected 2.1).
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies and principles.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and associated tools.
- Appreciation of basic project management practices.
- Smart and enthusiastic.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proactive. Identify (and solve) issues before they arise.
- Logical and methodical approach to solving complex problems.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to take the initiative and provide suggestions/ideas for future improvements.
- Passionate about technology.
- Maintain a professional approach at all times.
Please note that occasional travel to the USA is required for this role.