As a key part of the Implementations team, the Implementations Engineers ensure provision of world-class services to our merchant base, PSP’s, acquirers and colleagues by supporting projects which deliver upgrades and partner configuration to the Production environment. This role primarily involves the Certification and Implementation of changes to FEXCO’s Global Payment Production Infrastructure. The Implementations Engineer will be a key part of the project delivery team, advising on the most effective way to make Production changes, working with other parts of FEXCO to test, deliver and implement the changes in the Production Environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Support our transactional processing and switch processing production and test environments.
- Respond to Implementations tickets to ensure clear, concise & full solutions are provided on each ticket and the tickets are processed within the agreed SLA’s.
- Work on own initiative ensuring tickets are prioritised accordingly to reflect the significance of the request and are responded to accordingly.
- Work as a key member within the project team to design, test and deliver software and configuration changes to production environment, across multiple technologies, systems and payment protocols.
- Work with Release and Deployment Manager to ensure consistent and repeatable delivery methodologies and processes.
- Support Certification testing with external parties.
- Maintain the Certification Environments.
- Be active in knowledge sharing.
- Promote and maintain good relationships with FEXCO customers and partner organisations.
Qualifications / Experience Required
- IT Graduate Degree or Masters, other qualifications considered depending on experience.
- 3 – 6 years in a Technical operations support function or systems administration role.
- 1 – 2 years database experience specifically Oracle, Mysql or Postgres.
- 1 – 2 years Linux/Unix experience.
- Knowledge of all or some of the following is a distinct advantage:
- Monitoring tools, ie: Nagios, OP5
- Shell scripting, Perl
- Java, Python
- Experience working in a Production environment
- Customer driven individual with desire to exceed expectations
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- The candidate should work well both independently as well as contributing towards a team environment
- Good troubleshooting skills to help diagnose and eliminate problems
- Ability to meet deadlines and adapt to a changing environment
FEXCO is an equal opportunities employer.
Founded and headquartered in Ireland in 1981, FEXCO employs more than 2000 people across Europe, the Middle East, Asia, North America, Latin America and Australasia. FEXCO serves some of the world’s biggest brands across multiple industries through a wide range of innovative products and services, including Dynamic Currency Conversion, Corporate Payments and Retail FX, Managed Business Solutions and Tax Free Retail Services, processing more than US$10 billion in transactions annually.