Open Positions 1
Experience Less Than 1 Year
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the area of Data Management, working with the very latest versions of IBM’s InfoSphere Products and other industry leading software applications.
JRI-A are seeking a Data Quality Developer to develop and implement against the strategic Data Quality (DQ) solution roadmap. The developer will work in the Data Governance Team within the Data Management department, delivering complex data quality solutions across financial and regulatory projects as required by the SMBC Group companies.
The role will involve analyzing and designing data quality rules along with the associated data quality exception reporting. The developer will be expected to partner with other members of the Data Management team to deliver new DQ capabilities, systems and reporting to ensure that SMBC Americas Division has the highest quality data available at all times.
We are interested in talking to candidates at all levels of experience. Training will be provided for suitable candidates who have the right attitude and transferrable technical skills.
- On a daily basis, supporting the operational running of all in-production Data Quality rules.
- Monitoring and maintaining all Data Quality incidents logged by the Data Quality Incident Management (DQIM) system and managing the incidents to resolution including escalation and investigation with business / IT partners.
- Raising data quality and performance levels across all of SMBC data platforms – by performing Data Analysis / Data Profiling / Data Quality Development
- Providing a high level of data quality awareness across multiple staff profiles (e.g. managers, front-line staff, etc.)
- Proactively improving the quality of company reporting.
- Contributing to the Enterprise Data Quality Program.
- Developing and maintaining the data quality resolution and escalation process including the publication of data quality dashboards and metrics.
- Evaluating and identifying where system enhancements are required
- Completing complex ad-hoc research, DQ analysis, and reporting – ultimately serving as a data quality subject-matter expert on the team.
- Bachelors or higher degree in finance, accounting, ICT or science – equivalent data quality work experience also acceptable.
- Knowledge of, and a willingness and ability to adapt to new data management technologies.
- A very strong understanding of relational (and ideally dimensional) database concepts and an ability to query databases using SQL to troubleshoot issues.
- Resilient under pressure, able to adapt quickly to unforeseen work demands and an ability to work to tight time scales.
- Good prioritization and time management.
- A positive approach to work and to fellow team members.
- Good communication skills in English, including report writing are required.
- An analytical mindset.
Preferred Previous Work Experience:
- Ability to identify and map source and target data fields
- Experience of Data Analysis / Data Profiling / Data Quality Development particularly familiarity with IBM InfoSphere suite (Quality Stage, Information Analyzer, Data Stage)
- 2 – 5 Years in financial services industry with a data quality focus
- Experience in data quality with respect to regulatory or financial reporting
- Strong plus – broad understanding of Enhanced Prudential Standards (EPS), Dodd Frank Section 165, Bank Holding Company
- Data Quality certifications