Open Positions 1
Experience Less Than 1 Year
Qualifications: Minimum Leaving Cert plus a recognised Business/ Administration Qualification (Level 5 or 6 on NFQ).
Experience: Purchasing experience desirable. SAP experience and data processing skills essential.
Skills: Knowledge of MS Excel and E-Mail (Outlook) essential. Negotiation, Tele- Communication and MS Word skills and advantage.
Personality Requirements: Well motivated, approachable individual with very good communication skills. Outgoing flexible characteristics with distinctive ability to work on own initiative and assume responsibility for decision making. Very good attendance record.
Overall basic purpose of the job:
Analysis of net requirements / requisitions on a daily basis. SAP release of purchase orders to vendors after analysis. Evaluate material problems and guarantee no production shortages / stoppage due to non-availability of material. Efficient analysis of material requirements to ensure no surplus or obsolete material. Ensure familiarity with freight costs and potential overhead expenses incurred by decisions within the material group.
Main responsibilities and duties of the job but not limited to.
- Disposition of components in accordance with pre-set parameters.
- Analysis of requirements, SAP / MRP output and placing orders with Kostal Approved Vendors.
- Liaison with vendors to expedite and monitor open and overdue orders, inclusive of communication and managing of early or over-delivery of material.
- Expediting delivery of material from vendors, track and provide feedback of expected delivery dates to requestors of specific delivery information and update shortage reports accordingly.
- Efficient interface with relevant personnel to ensure no breakdown of communication regarding material, deliveries and requirements.
- Maintain freight cost to absolute minimum and log all costs and follow through to ensure all costs are charged back to vendors or customers where applicable.
- Co-ordinate Engineering changes and ensure zero obsolescence.
- Health and safety for self and others.
- Any other duties as assigned by your supervisor/manager.