Open Positions 1
Experience Less Than 1 Year
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the area of Business Intelligence and Analytics, working with the very latest versions of IBM Analytics Products as well as other industry leading software packages.
JRI-A are seeking a BI Developer who will be responsible for the design and development of complicated BI reports; including sub-reports, graphical reports, and well-formatted dashboards according to user requirements.
We are interested in talking to candidates at all levels of experience. Training will be provided for suitable candidates who have the right attitude and transferrable technical skills.
- You will collaborate with business users and members of the BI team as well as managers, business analysts and database administrators to identify and document needs and opportunities for improved reporting, analytics and delivery.
- Design and develop IBM Cognos Analytics reports using professional authoring toolkit.
- Production Support of Cognos Analytics reports, schedules, events, triggers and dashboards for EMEA and North American user base
- Exhibit a commitment to data quality by validating results compared with the data warehouse / database at each step of the development process.
- Train and support end users on basic navigation in Cognos Analytics (and potentially other BI tools), and report/package “Self-Service BI” usage based on business requirements.
- Ensure compliance with company’s change and security policies.
Other Responsibilities (DOE)
- SQL / PL-SQL development (creating / maintaining database views/functions/stored procedures/etc)
- Metadata modelling using Cognos Framework manager
- Analytics Environment Administration & Security Management
- Interface with other developers, Business Analysts, Project Management Office and Business Stakeholders on large-scale IT projects.
- Mentorship/training of new team members
- Assist BI team lead with resource planning, delegation of duties and staff reviews.
- Educated to degree level preferably in an IT-related discipline, or with significant industry experience.
- Knowledge of, and a willingness and ability to adapt to new Analytics technologies
- A very strong understanding of relational databases and an ability to query databases to troubleshoot issues in reporting.
- A knowledge of or better yet a flair for clean User Interface / Dashboard design principles
- Ability to absorb & present complex ideas quickly & accurately.
- Ability to provide solutions to a tight deadline.
- Good prioritization and time management.
- A positive approach to work and to fellow team members.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Attention to detail in all aspects of working life.