Open Positions 1
Experience Less Than 1 Year
BioAtlantis Ltd. is an Irish biotechnology company that specialize in the development and production of bioactives for the plant, animal and human health markets. The company has a position available for automation engineer. The position will be based in Tralee, Co. Kerry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Troubleshooting on existing production line, finding problems related to feedbacks, motors, speed drives, etc.
- Develop PLC programmes to control equipment on newly installed machines and existing production line.
- Take part upgrading SCADA system.
- Liaise with Engineering and Production teams to develop complete solutions.
- Support project commissioning activities.
- Testing of electrical panels and I/O testing of field equipment.
- Provide advanced level of technical and automation support to production.
- Commissioning and parametrisation of variable speed drives, direct online motor controls.
- Commissioning PID controls.
- Create, update P&IDs for new and existing processes.
- Degree in Mechatronics, Mechanical, Electrical or Electronic Engineering (or other relevant third level qualification).
- PLC automation using Siemens S7 PLC’s.
- Control methodologies such as closed loop control, PID control.
- Working knowledge of various field-bus protocols (Profibus, Profinet).
- HMI / GUI design.
- Experience of how to formally specify, design, and document automation projects.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a regulated manufacturing environment.
- Previously worked on the installation of process plant/equipment.
- Ideally experience in the food, pharma, process industry sectors.
- Experience in Delphi is advantage.
- Knowledge of Siemens G120 and Unidrive M300 speed drives is advantage.