Main objective of the role
Based in Tralee Aspen Grove Solutions are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer (Operations) to join our innovative, highly-motivated service delivery team. Must have solid, trustworthy, and reliable individuals who take ownership of and have pride in the quality of their work. The ideal candidate has a passion for programming, is technically and analytically focused, is self-motivated but works well in a team, and has excellent written and verbal English communication skills. This is a challenging position as part of a vibrant, motived team working for an international company.
Skills Requirement (Any two from below)
- University Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science Software Engineering (2.1 or above.)
- 4+ Years Experience working in a team environment developing software
- The ability to take ownership of all aspects of work assigned.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to explain technical solutions clearly to both technical and non technical co-workers.
- Experienced and highly competent with Microsoft Windows 2008/2012 Server, Active Directory and Group Policy
- Experience working on infrastructure platforms such as VMWARE, EMC, Brocade, Cisco, Linux, Cacti, IIS, Sendmail, DFS and F5
- Strong experience working with AWS Cloud Services including EC2, EBS, ELB, S3 and Direct Connect.
- Migration experience, particularly out of a data center into a public cloud environment
- Troubleshooting networking, TCP/IP, SMTP, DNS and client/server technology
- Experience of infrastructure automation, working with Amazon AWS/S3 and Terraform, Puppet and Federated A/D services would be an advantage.
- Detail-oriented approach particularly in terms of documentation and procedures
- Familiar with ITIL processes
Sample Description of Duties
- Working within the Infrastructure Team you will support processes and tools for infrastructure provisioning, deployment, testing, monitoring and operations.
- Assist and take ownership to troubleshoot and resolve issues across our environments including production, development, QA and test.
- Take ownership of planning the setup, management and configuration of new and improved infrastructure services required to support the business
- Contributing as part of the team to planning projects and future state
- Dealing with ISPs, External Vendors, PMO, Development Teams
- Adhere to health & safety and other company policies and requirements; security conscious and security aware.
- Contribute to the agenda and priorities of Aspen Grove Solutions.
- Maintain client and company confidentiality at all times; use discretion in all communications to protect Aspen Grove Solutions and clients’ business practices
This is a Temporary Specific purpose contract. The candidate may only be required for a sub-set of the duties mentioned above.
Aspen Grove Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Aspen Grove Solutions
Aspen Grove Solutions (AGS) is a leading provider of enterprise-wide technology solutions for the financial and mortgage services industries. Our Aspen iFamily® products are easy to use and quick to implement. Our clients include banks, servicers, investors, property inspection and preservation companies, contractors, agents/brokers, and asset managers. We are an exciting, vibrant, and fast-paced company and we are looking for like-minded people to join our team. Company History AGS was founded in Boston, MA in 1997 and our technology offices are based in Tralee, Co Kerry having a very strong local association with Tralee and Kerry. Our US headquarters is based in Frederick, Maryland. We are a privately held company continuing to expand our offerings through the Aspen iFamily® suite of products. Why Work with AGS? We are a company that cares about our people. This is evidenced by our open and friendly atmosphere. We provide an inclusive, dynamic and forward thinking workplace where people are at the heart of driving the company forward. AGS strives to develop your career with us by providing training and personal development. We are committed to the health and well-being of all our team; with an active sports and social club, wellness programme, onsite gym with weekly classes, and a dedicated Employee Assistance Programme.