The role of the Application Support team member is to receive application issues and provide a solution in a timely fashion, seeking more information as required. Provide mentor-ship and share knowledge with Tier 1 members on an ongoing basis. The Application Support Team aim is to resolve 98% of all tickets assigned to them using their SQL and C# experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This work requires specialized technical problem solving and ingenuity while working within approved organizational systems and technology, and the demonstration of the values of integrity, quality and caution. New ideas and concepts are also important but will be carefully analyzed and tested before communication and adoption. The focus of this specialized, technically oriented position is on meeting and exceeding high standards of accuracy and quality based on established systems, technologies and guidelines.
- Data integrity and constant caution with clients’ data
- Monitoring systems
- Investigating and identifying technical problems and development of sound, carefully thought-out solutions that minimise risk to the organization
- Maintaining functionality in the system
- Reviewing database and coding logic
- Communicate functionality of the system in a factual, straightforward manner.
- Provide high quality, accurate results, while efficiently maintaining and enhancing existing organizational systems and standards.
- Quickly understand business issues and data challenges of client’s organization and industry as it applies to our software application.
- Ability to continuously maintain and prioritize assigned service tickets based on business priority.
- Must demonstrate ability to work with the client’s technical support team to determine possible causes of problems and suggest solutions and resolve issues.
- Any other duties that may be assigned to you from time to time.
- Attends and participates in weekly meetings
- Contributes to Team knowledge and information base
- Team player – able to communicate well as part of a team.
- Good verbal and written communication skills for summarizing tasks performed with client
- Be willing to work to an on-call rota as part of a team for application support incidents
- Ability to support US working hours.
Competencies: You must be able to perform a high standard of competence in the following skill-set with minimum supervision and direction.
- Familiar with the software development lifecycle and methodologies
- Ability to explain technical solutions to clients in simple, understandable terms
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with good organizational skills
- Ability to proactively identify better solutions that can save resources, increase performance, improve product quality
- Demonstrated documentation rigour, you understand the importance of good processes and the need for user documentation
- Will be able to work with diverse teams in many locations
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills with fluent English
- Strong problem solving skills, working on requirements, communicating with the client’s technical support team
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a complex and fast paced environment
- The ideal candidate will have experience in software support and development
Education and Experience
University Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science Software Engineering (2.1 or above.)
5+Years Solid & Proven Application Technical Support experience of Web Applications composed of Microsoft Technologies
Experienced in SQL, ideally Microsoft SQL Server
Strong understanding of databases – how they work
Experience working with stored procedures in T-SQL
XML, XSD and XSLT
Why Work with AGS?
We are a company that cares about our people. This is evidenced by our open and friendly atmosphere. We provide an inclusive, dynamic and forward thinking workplace where people are at the heart of driving the company forward. AGS strives to develop your career with us by providing training and personal development. We are committed to the health and well-being of all our team; with an active sports and social club, wellness programme, an on-site gym with weekly classes, and a dedicated Employee Assistance Programme.
Aspen Grove Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.
About Aspen Grove Solutions
Aspen Grove Solutions (AGS) is a leading provider of enterprise-wide technology solutions for the financial and mortgage services industries. Our Aspen iFamily® products are easy to use and quick to implement. Our clients include banks, servicers, investors, property inspection and preservation companies, contractors, agents/brokers, and asset managers. We are an exciting, vibrant, and fast-paced company and we are looking for like-minded people to join our team. Company History AGS was founded in Boston, MA in 1997 and our technology offices are based in Tralee, Co Kerry having a very strong local association with Tralee and Kerry. Our US headquarters is based in Frederick, Maryland. We are a privately held company continuing to expand our offerings through the Aspen iFamily® suite of products. Why Work with AGS? We are a company that cares about our people. This is evidenced by our open and friendly atmosphere. We provide an inclusive, dynamic and forward thinking workplace where people are at the heart of driving the company forward. AGS strives to develop your career with us by providing training and personal development. We are committed to the health and well-being of all our team; with an active sports and social club, wellness programme, onsite gym with weekly classes, and a dedicated Employee Assistance Programme.