Open Positions 1
Experience Less Than 1 Year
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the area of Data Management, working with the very latest versions of IBM’s industry leading Infosphere Products.
JRI-A are seeking an ETL Developer who will be responsible for design, development, maintenance and support of ETL processes using the IBM InfoSphere DataStage tool. This role is also responsible for complex interface process development, troubleshooting issues, supporting weekend maintenance and production support of the interface processes developed by the ETL team.
We are interested in talking to candidates at all levels of experience. Training will be provided for suitable candidates who have the right attitude and transferrable technical skills.
- Perform analysis and design of the business requirements and specifications as required.
- Develop and maintain ETL processes between databases and/or flat files.
- Work with various application team members to obtain the requirements for your development work.
- Create unit test plans and perform unit testing for the interface processes that you develop or modify.
- Create/update documentation for the processes that you develop.
- Perform peer code reviews including verification of compliance with coding standards and ensure that the code you develop adheres to coding standards and functional / technical specifications.
- Coordinate code promotion activities through all SDLC environments and validate that promoted ETL code is working as expected.
- Assist QA team with identifying QA test cases and support them during QA testing.
- Update team leader and project manager with status of assigned development/project work.
- Troubleshoot production issues independently and assist in timely resolution of incidents.
- Support weekend maintenance, technology / business recovery tests and system verification / validation events.
- Keep up to date on new features and enhancements in the development tools used by the team.
Other Responsibilities (DOE)
- Database/SQL procedure performance tuning
- Open problem tickets with development tool vendors for issues identified with the development tools
- Provides subject matter expertise based on past experiences with SOA/ESB implementations.
- Mentorship/training of new team members
- Assist ETL team lead with resource planning, delegation of duties and staff reviews.
- Educated to degree level preferably in an IT-related discipline, or with significant industry experience.
- Knowledge of, and a willingness and ability to adapt to new data management technologies
- A very strong understanding of relational (and ideally dimensional) database concepts and an ability to query databases to troubleshoot issues.
- Ability to absorb & present complex ideas quickly & accurately.
- Ability to provide solutions to a tight deadline.
- Good prioritization and time management.
- A positive approach to work and to fellow team members.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail in all aspects of working life.