Open Positions 1
Experience 2 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
The Windows Production Support Engineer will be responsible for the administration of the bank’s applications running on Windows operating systems. The candidate in this role will be responsible for server administration, support of maintenance and vendor provided patches, investigation, and troubleshooting of application issues, and to provide support to application managers and developers.
The candidate will analyze and respond to application incidents and issues that occur within the production environment. They will also assist application teams with day-to-day administration and/or deployment, testing, debugging and maintenance activities for applications running on the Windows operating systems.
- Work as part of a global team across Tralee, London and New York, to support the bank’s critical applications for EMEA and North America.
- Provide support for a wide variety of fin-tech applications and technologies, primarily in the release and production environment.
- Implement automation solutions and preventative measures for repetitive tasks and issues.
- Responsible for application configuration & deployment, issue resolution & business user requests.
- Install configure and maintain applications on Windows Server 2012 & 2016 systems.
- Support troubleshooting and day to day management of the application from development through to production.
- Ensure high availability of production environment to reduce application downtime
- Occasional travel to the USA is required for this role.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are expected.
- Occasional weekend and oncall support will be required on a rotational basis.
What we look for
- Smart, driven and fast learners with a positive attitude.
- Logical thinker who enjoys problem solving.
- Organised and methodical approach under pressure.
- Proactive – provide solutions to problems before they surface.
- Multi-tasker who can juggle project work, with day to day issues and user requests.
- 2+ years experience supporting and administering Windows 2008/2012/2016 environments.
- Experience installing and configuration of application software.
- Experience in applying application patches and maintenance packs.
- Experience working with a VMware environment.
- Experience with Perl or PowerShell scripting
- Experience with performance management and troubleshooting.
- Experience with application monitoring tools and implementing proactive monitoring solutions.
- Experience with automation tools/automation scripts.
- Understanding of Enterprise Schedulers such as IBM TWS or Cisco Tidal.
- Understanding Oracle/Microsoft SQL server.
Tools/Technologies you will get to work with
- Windows Server 2012/2016
- SCOM, IBM Tivoli
- IBM RFT, IBM RPT, IBM TWS, IBM Urban Code, IBM GreenHat
- Atlassian Suite
- Cisco Tidal Enterprise Scheduler