Open Positions 1
Experience 2 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
The MQ Administrator will be responsible for the administration of the bank’s MQ technologies running on the Linux, AIX and Windows operating systems. The role includes MQ administration, applying MQ fix packs, investigation and troubleshooting of MQ issues, and providing support to application managers and developers.
- Work as part of a global team across Tralee, London and New York.
- Implement automation solutions and preventative measures for repetitive tasks and issues.
- Responsible for application configuration & deployment, issue resolution.
- Occasional weekend and oncall support will be required on a rotational basis.
- Occasional travel to the USA is required for this role.
What we look for
- Smart, driven and fast learners with a positive attitude.
- Logical thinker who enjoys problem solving.
- Methodical approach under pressure and a strong ability to communicate effectively.
- Proactive – provide solutions to problems before they surface.
- Diligent with a strong eye for detail.
- Multitasker who can juggle project work, with day to day issues and user requests.
Responsibilities for MQ Administrator
- Assess and identify appropriate changes and make recommendations for implementation.
- Plan, prepare, test and apply maintenance fixes provided by the application vendors.
- Develop test plans for implementing new software or new releases of the software.
- Ability to design, implement and maintain IBM MQ.
- Support troubleshooting and day to day management of the Message Queueing environment for banking applications from development through to production.
- Crosstrain in other technologies areas within the Production Support group.
- Experience supporting and administering MQ Applications (MQ v9) on UNIX and Windows environments.
- Experience in installing and configuring IBM MQ, MQFTE, IIB, WSRR, Greenhat, IR360
- Experience in RedHat Linux administration
- Experience in applying MQ/MFT/IIB fix packs
- Experience in configuring multi-instance Queue Managers and Brokers.
- Experience in setting up MQ SSL, MQ security exits, message exits and channel authentication records.