Open Positions 1
Experience Less Than 1 Year
You will join a global team that supports SMBC’s critical banking applications, running on Linux, UNIX and Windows operating systems.
The candidate for the ETL support position will be responsible for supporting existing and future ETL interfaces using IBM’s InfoSphere Datastage tool.
- Work as part of a global team across Tralee, London and New York.
- Provide maintenance and support of the existing interface Datastage processes.
- Troubleshoot and resolution of productions failures
- Work with the ETL development team to assist with the deployment, configuration and validation of Datastage code in Release and Production environments.
- Performance tuning exercise to reduce the runtime of existing Datastage interfaces
- Assist with the technical walkthroughs of Datastage Interfaces for design improvements and development peer reviews
- Impact analysis for new implementations on existing systems and document back out plans for all implementations performed
- Validate the Datastage ETL application after any work requested by infrastructure teams on weekends.
- Participate in cross training sessions with the development team
- Occasional travel to the USA is required for this role.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are expected.
- Occasional weekend and oncall support will be required on a rotational basis.
What we look for
- Smart, driven and fast learners with a positive attitude.
- Logical thinker who enjoys problem solving.
- Organised and methodical approach under pressure.
- Proactive – provide solutions to problems before they surface.
- Diligent with a strong eye for detail.
- Multitasker who can juggle project work, with day to day issues and user requests.
Desirable Skills for ETL Application Support
- Have some experience in a similar position OR have recently graduated from college with a degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Experience using IBM InfoSphere Datastage.
- Experience with Oracle / SQL Server applications.
- Experience with Tivoli Work Load scheduler.
- Understanding of Linux operating systems (Red Hat or AIX)
- Experience supporting and administering Linux/Unix operating systems.
- Experience with MQ, XML, Jason, ACH, Complex flat files.
- Understanding of data warehouse concepts and experience implementing data warehouse using Datastage ETL tool.