Aviso is a payments software company set up as a joint venture between Annadale Technologies and FEXCO. Aviso is the company behind Novate – a highly flexible and modular messaging switch used to process electronic payments. Due to the large volume of opportunities that we are seeing in the market, we are looking for Software Developers to work on Novate.
When it’s at home, an EFT payments switch is responsible for providing connectivity for real-time messaging between the different parties involved in electronic payments (typically this includes merchants, acquiring banks, payment services providers, card schemes and card issuers).
Novate is built entirely in Clojure and ClojureScript: Clojure has proved to be a really good choice for this sort real-time messaging problem, particularly because of the approach to concurrency within the language, as well as the simplicity that is possible to achieve when using a Lisp.
We have signed up a number of blue-chip clients already (including some of the biggest banks and payments processors in the world), and need brainy developers to help design and develop big chunks of what will be mission critical payments infrastructure for banks and financial institutions worldwide.
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Exceptional analytical aptitude and attention to detail
- Able to pick up ideas quickly & with a desire to demonstrate the skills required
- Enjoy working in a team environment and contributing to the team’s ideas.
- Demonstrated ability to write clean, readable code – at least 5+ years experience working with a high level programming language
- Experience in functional programming desirable but not a necessity but candidates must have an interest in programming in Clojure
- Experience with the Java platform and ecosystem desirable
- Experience with relational databases such as Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of development tools like CI, Issue Tracking, SCM, etc
- Estimating projects, working closely with technical and business teams at each stage of the development lifecycle
- Good communication skills
- Innovative & creative in finding solutions
Developer well-being is prioritised at our company with a strong emphasis on a good work life balance. We provide a comfortable and productive work environment in the centre of a lively town, with a stimulating atmosphere in our diverse team. Our benefits include; competitive salaries, company contributed pension scheme, annual and performance related bonuses, regular social events, flexible work time and full relocation support.
If you’re interested in building the future of payments processing with a group of talented people who love good design and code, among other things, Aviso is the place for you.
To apply for the position, please forward a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Strictly No Agencies
About Alliance Messaging Ltd TA Aviso
Aviso is a payments software company that provides flexible EFT switching technology for electronic payment systems. Our innovative approach enables our clients to ring-fence their investment in legacy systems and add a software layer that delivers valuable functionality and security to existing inflexible payment systems. Our cost effective payment software solution accelerates the roll-out of new payment services, potentially reducing implementation time by up to 80% and providing opportunities to increase revenues by interfacing with existing systems without affecting the core payments infrastructure.